Sunday Grace leaned over to me after the sacrament and asked me if I would help her bear her testimony. I could see that she had a piece of paper in her hand covered with writing. Of course I said yes and we went up. I was glad a sister got there before us so I could gather my thoughts for a minute. When it was our turn Grace got up. She was REALLY nervous and said her first sentence, "I know I am a child of God because He helps me get through hard times." Then turned to go. I reminded her to close in the name of Jesus Christ and she did and then almost ran back to our seat.
I was SO proud of her. We have never really spoken to the kids about bearing their testimonies in church, this was completely on her own. After my sweet Gracie bore such a simple and eloquent feelings I shared a brief testimony of gratitude for my children and husband. The first Sunday of the month is the only time Jason is at church with us. He is in Caswell all of the other weeks. It was so nice to be able to sit together and share the meetings. Grace let me see what she had written and said I could scan it. I would like to remember all she wrote. I know it was all testified in her heart, even if it didn't get spoken over the pulpit.
This picture on the back is my favorite part. I love how Grace captured the comfort the Lord sent to her when she had to ride 25 minutes to the hospital with a really, really painful injury. I love her. I am blessed to be her mom.


2 comments:
This is so tender, I love to hear this story. What a wonderful girl you have.
xo
E
I'm glad you have a record of this. So sweet in every way.
Post a Comment