Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 16

Grandma Smith reminded us this week of the Perseid meteor shower that happens each August. This year it coincided with a new moon so it was ideal viewing. We went out on the trampoline Wednesday night after cub scouts and activity days. Abby was with us, and it was blessedly cool. The dew had already fallen so we were a bit damp, but it was fun all squished together waiting for the next falling star. I have never seen meteors look so close! We saw some amazing ones that would streak across the whole sky. Sophie kept screaming when she would see one, and Luke got super bugged by her. So we did not sleep out on tramp which was the original plan. I was relieved to be honest. There is nothing like sleeping in my own bed.


 The kids drew mustaches on themselves. Crazy. I later found these selfies Noah had taken on my phone. Totally makes me laugh.



On Saturday we finally finished the rabbit hutch. The kids all helped and learned a lot. I need to take a picture of the final product. Well, almost final. The roof does not fit. It works for now though. The girls painted it coral and white. It is really cute.







 Dessa asked if I had made any blueberry syrup from our berries. To be honest, I had never even thought of it. I made some this week. It was super easy and took 10 minutes. We have been eating it on pancakes and biscuits and ice cream. It is delicious!

Jason made homemade chicken noodle soup and biscuits for lunch today while we were at church. He gets home from the Caswell ward a bit before us. It was so delicious and wonderful to come home to yummy food already made. Noah told him he could be on Medium Chef that it was delicious but that he was ready for Master Chef yet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So funny that Noah is helping his dad and Sophie is posing with the tools.