I promised Heather that I would start writing again. I really miss it. Not sure why I can't make it a priority without my sister's help, but oh well. That is where I am.
I harvest 60+ lbs of honey from our hives today. Jason is still rehabbing his hurt back, so he advised but I did all the work. And know maybe my back needs some rehab too ;) It is rewarding to see the results of our labors, or the bees labor I guess.
We picked enough cucumbers, green beans and squash to can a ton, make pickles and still share a whole big box with Out of the Garden for their free food pantry today. We also picked another 4 quarts of blueberries this week. So far the birds have not been eating too many. Out of time to do anything else, I went totally low tech and hung old cd's on the bushes. They seem to be helping although a bird landed in the top of one bush and starting eating right while I was picking!
No comments:
Post a Comment