Tuesday, May 17, 2016

 Grace finally made it to the Pentatonix concert! It was canceled last fall. She and I drove to Raleigh to an outdoor amphitheater. It was a beautiful night - great concert. Michael Jackson medley was probably my favorite. I think Grace likes their original songs the best. Fun stuff! Can you see how excited she is to take a pic with her mom? She is wearing her YW necklace. I have seen her wear it a lot lately, super sweet.


 Summerfield Founders Day Festival parade this year was like Halloween 2.0. It was crazy how much candy these kids got! Abby was with us all day as our 5th child.
 Noah has earned his brown belt. I was happy to get a picture with Mr. Mike. He is sick, no one is talking about it but his son has been teaching classes for him and pretty much running the business. He is a great guy, but not Mike. What a blessing Mike has been to Noah. He knows each of his students so well, he pushes them and expects a lot but is still kind.  I am so proud of Noah!

 Sophie found a drone on the floor Sunday. He is disabled and can't fly. She has adopted him, named him Duke, feeds him honey, takes him in the car with her...she is taking Duke to her science class tomorrow. Silly kid. She really likes him. In the car earlier she was baby talking to him...
...and just because they are so stinking cute!!!! Soon they will all be in new homes. I don't know all their names, the one on the left is Basil. I know because of her white tip on her ear. She almost died. One cold morning Grace went out and Basil had fallen out of the nesting box. She looked like she was dead, but her foot moved just a bit. We took her inside and warmed her up in our hands with the blow dryer and she made it! I was kind of amazed. And grateful.

No comments: