Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Birthday Grace & Sophie!

May 7, 2016  - First Temple Trip
Grace and Sophie turned 12 yesterday! Our ward had a youth temple trip already planned, so Jason and I came with them. Jason baptized both girls. It was a special day. It is hard to believe that my girls are old enough to go to the temple, be young women, wear makeup, etc. I am so grateful for them and the amazing people they are. I learn so much from them and am so thankful to be their mother. 12 years ago we brought them home from the hospital, our tiny 5 pound babies, on Mother's Day. It was fun that Mother's Day was the weekend of their birthday again this year.

After the temple we went to Trader Joes, specific Sophie request, and then out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. These silly girls and I laughed about David Hasselhoff jokes, it started when Sophie said our waiter looked like that German life guard guy! He really didn't, to me at least, but was super annoying so it made it easier to listen to him.
 The girls asked for Ben & Jerry's ice cream cakes. It is the first year I have not made theirs, they tasted yummy and were cute, not as cute as we hoped honestly, but still fun to do something different.


 Grandma Smith made special Young Women bags for both girls. Grandma Hardy gave them each a birthstone necklace. Both special things to remember their birthdays by. They got their own temple recommend yesterday too, another special way to remember their birthday!


No comments: