Sunday, July 30, 2017

Girls Camp

 Maxie B's was before camp! Every time the Cobia's come back to visit I remember just how much I ADORE them and it makes me miss them all over again. Starting at the left is Mariah, Alena (the only pic I have seen of this child where she is not making a weird face is the family picture hanging on the Cobia's wall, cracks me up!) Sophie, Grace, Nicky, Leslie & Noelle. Jen was not quite back with her cake yet. The Cobia/Hardy Maxie B's date has become a tradition.  If I remember right this was only the 2nd day the girls had been back from Saudi Arabia and they were freaking out about how good the cake was ;)
It was soo hot. I think it is my last Girl's Camp for a while - the heat was hard for me this year. Probably because we had AC in the cabins and going into the cool air periodically does not acclimate  you to the horrid, muggy heat when you are outside! Seriously - mid 90 degree temps with humidity in the 80's-90's also. Now I'll stop complaining - because Girls Camp is awesome and I did have fun. Our ward was camping by ourselves this year and I loved it. The girls bonded from spending so much time together - fun stuff, spiritual stuff, silly stuff. 
I can't believe that Grace & Sophie are 2nd year campers already. I was in charge of the 1st year girls - we had fun. When our trail cleaning/marking was done during service time I took them down to the Haw River to play. Most of them had not been in a river before and were nervous about snakes, etc. It was funny to me because these 6 girls were so loud, I'm sure any wild life within 5 miles of us had left long before we got there!

 

Sophie, Mariah, Grace & Echo Ide

I am so glad to get a picture of Echo with the girls, even if it is a funny one. What a blessing she has been to Grace and Sophie! She has reached out and included them from their first day in YW. She is fun and smart and relaxed and has a strong testimony. She is going to be missed!

No comments: