Sunday, July 30, 2017

Happy 4th of July

 We drove to Mt. Airy for the 4th again this year and watched the parade in exactly the same spot as last year! I love the store behind us, each of the 2 times I have been there I have found something unique and fun to buy that was inexpensive. Small town 4th of July is just fun. It is a little over an hour to drive, but so relaxed and low key. The parade is full of antique tractors and cars, politicians, military, kids groups, etc. My favorite is the family that dances down the road in the parade. I guess each year they have a huge family reunion in Mt. Airy. They all wear matching T-shirts and dance to cool music. Even the Grandmas and Grandpas boogie a little here and there - it's fun.
Mt. Airy is the birthplace and hometown of Andy Griffith. Mayberry was based on it. We cracked up at this water! Luke planned all week to make a dessert for the 4th. Such an awesome kid!

No comments: