Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cyber Sister in Japan

Some of you know how much I love the LDS online magazine called Segullah. There is a sister who posts there who lives in Japan. If you are interested in her experiences in the last few days her blog is here.http://actegratuit.blogspot.com/  Her post today records the efforts of her small branch to help with food and supplies to harder hit areas close to home. She also has really interesting advice from an emergency preparedness standpoint that I am going to take to heart.

My heart is sorrowing for the people of Japan. There is not much to do right now to help except pray. But can you imagine how all of our prayers are helping? I have faith that prayer does make a difference. Jason's good friends the Hashimotos in Tokyo are fine, house and everything. They have sore feet from walking home on Friday from work is all. Jason said it would be like walking from downtown SL to Draper. They are worried about the aftershocks and the nuclear situation but there have food and water stored and are doing well.

I am embarrassed to admit that I needed this to happen to our friends to motivate me to work on following the prophet's advice. Koji also said that he is going to get a helmet to keep at work in his desk. Not a bad idea if you work in a high rise in Japan.

No comments: