Dad and Jason figured out how to plow while he was here. Jason plowed our garden area this week. It is huge! The plan is to use a cultivator ( are you impressed yet with my growing farm knowledge?) between the rows and have way less to weed. Both boys drove this afternoon with Jason's help. Clutch, throttle and steering. It was super fun to watch them. I got video but haven't figured a good way to post them. Videos on this blog are weird and just keep playing over and over at super speed. I am sure it is me not knowing what I am doing.
Grace and Sophie did not want to try driving today. They were too worried trying to track down our 2 new kittens. The cats promptly disappeared under the house when we brought them outside and the girls spent the afternoon fretting and trying to find them. Grace spent most the afternoon in tears about it. Poor kid. She tried to get me to let her sleep with them on the concrete garage floor last night when we brought them home. I finally played up how much dad and Dessa both know about cats and both girls felt better after we skyped Grandpa Smith and Grandma Hardy and were reassured by experienced outdoor cat experts that everything would be fine.
The Lawrences, previous owners, left a trailer we have used all weekend to move things into sheds with the tractor and pick up piles and piles and piles of leaves. The kids would help rake and then climb on top of the leaves for a ride to the burn pile. We also helped with leaves at a less active member's home Saturday morning. His trees were so beautiful in the morning sunlight. It was enjoyable to clean up his leaves. Also easy because they just had to go out to the curb. The kids all worked super hard and then had a ball playing in the enormous piles of leaves.
On a final note...I have learned that my mom was wrong and there is such a thing as too much work. I have temporary nerve issues in both hands and spent the morning at the urgent care instead of church. Doctors orders to rest were promptly followed and I took a 3 hour nap today. When I got up kids were fed, kitchen clean and Jason had everyone outside playing. I should sing his praises more!
1 comment:
I cannot get over how beautiful your place is. We are praying to find something similar as well. Let us know when you need some good hard workers and we will come! We are so happy for you and I agree the tractor is awesome. SO so happy for yoU!
xo
Emily
Post a Comment