Winter has finally arrived. We have had cold, wet, windy weather for the past 3 days. Today we even had some snow flurries off and on. My kids are so funny. They will complain that they are freezing, that it is so cold. Grace seriously tried to convince us that she had frost bite after we made the kids all help clean up leaves for an hour or so outside. All had hats and gloves...They just don't know what cold is. But humid wind IS frigid and does chill you to the bone. But we are not talking frostbite territory.
Susie and I ran yesterday in a pouring, icy rain. I told her we were crazy and she said no, just desperate. It was the only time this week we could run so we just did it. Actually it was super fun. Once you got over the fact that you were cold and wet, it was super beautiful and we had the whole greenway to ourselves. I always feel better about life after a run with Susie :)
This picture doesn't capture our little snowflakes falling in the icy, wet wind. But I love that the first thing Noah and Grace did outside was go and climb a tree. The kids and Grandma Hardy were all watching a movie while Jason and I did some never ending unpacking when it began to snow. Instantly there was sheer pandemonium as kids scrambled to shoes and coats. We didn't last outside too long. It really was cold. I hope at least once this winter we will have enough snow for my kids to explore our woods covered in a quiet blanket of white.
1 comment:
I can't wait to see your new place in person. I'm waiting to see what happens with Pitt before I get too excited about Virginia, but even Pittsburgh is only about a 6 hour drive from you. So, no matter what you are going to be seeing more of us next year. (I would totally choose Virginia hands down but Ben will have to make the final decision). We are very excited that we are for sure in somewhere. And you are my saving grace to staying calm about moving to the East.
Post a Comment