We saw both kittens this morning eating! It is the only time they come out from under the house. I am so relieved they are both alive and hope it stays that way. Grace and Sophie will have quite a job trying to tame them. They both need rabies shots and to be fixed at the vets. Who knows how I will get them there. I can't even get a picture of them so far!
Dishwasher was fixed by magically turning on a random light switch in the kitchen that we had no idea what it was for. Not exactly sure what is the benefit of connecting your dishwasher to a light switch but it was so nice to not hand wash everything. And Em I am sorry you don't have a dishwasher! I thought of you when I complained yesterday.
Luke and Noah had their first day at Summerfield Elementary today. Noah said his day was awful. No one played with him at recess and he didn't understand the math lesson. :( Makes me so sad. The boys will usually have recess together and were counting on each other to play with. I guess Luke's class had PE today and on gym days they don't go to recess. Argh!!!!!!! I think that is absolutely the stupidest thing. Noah is pretty discouraged. I tried to talk to him and reassure him that it will get better. He feels like his is not getting answers to his prayers. We talked about it at bedtime and I tried to explain how prayer works and reassure him that his Heavenly Father does hear and answer his prayers. Hard stuff for a 6 year old at times I guess.
Luke said he had a good day and made a friend named Charlie. I think his teacher made a much bigger effort to do things to help him feel comfortable and included. She has children right around the boys age, maybe it is easier for her to understand how tough it is to be the new kid.
Our neighbors came over today and introduced themselves. Sid and V ( I can't say or write her name yet, but I am determined to learn it) Patel. They have a boy who is 5 and a 3 year old girl. They were super, super nice and offered to help us multiple times in any way they could.
Jason leaves tomorrow morning for Japan. He installed a new thermostat upstairs and that seems to have fixed the heat problem. So blessings flowed today and I am grateful. There really was no need to go find a quiet spot in the woods and have a good cry. Except that I was really freaked out and frustrated after almost cutting Jason's finger off trying to back the tractor onto the trailer. When he is gone I will be hauling the trash out to the road by hand I guess.
1 comment:
I'm sure there is loads of work to do at your new place… I hope you don't overdo it again! Take care while Jason is gone. We miss you. I'm glad the heat and dishwasher are fixed. Those are two things you really do need :) xo
E
Post a Comment