Saturday, August 8, 2015

Today had some weirdness...


Not the greatest picture of either Grace or Sophie, but the bunnies look adorable! Sophie named hers Jessie and Grace's is Quinn. We still don't know if they are boys or girls so the girls chose names that can be for either sex. These rabbits are so stinking cute! They are so much fun. Quinn is an escape artist though. We have already spent too much time trying to catch him when he gets out of the rabbit run. The girls and Jason spent all day last Saturday building a new rabbit hutch. They did not get finished by dark but Jason's back was more then finished. He hurt it somehow and now has several weeks of no twisting, lifting etc. So the rabbits are still in a big wire dog crate. But they have plenty of room and get taken out a few times a day at least to be played with. We got them on the 23rd of July. They have grown almost twice as big as they are in this first picture.

So for the weirdness...we drove to Eden to go to a flea market this morning. Nothing like a flea market in the rural south to freak you out a bit. Sophie said she was never going to one again. Jason and Grace both found some things to buy. I got so Chow chow from a lady selling her home canned veggies. It is a relish made from green tomatoes and cabbage with hot peppers. It is good, but hot! I have never seen so many people trying to sell so much junk before in my life. Also every where you looked there were people proclaiming their right to fly the Confederate flag. We had a good talk about it on the way home. And on the way there we passed an old tobacco cabin or shed that was super decorated. It even had 2 mannequins sitting on the front porch. It was creepy and so, so funny! I wish I had gotten a picture.

2 comments:

EM said...

I love that you're writing again. The bunnies look adorable. And I know there are strange people everywhere, but Southern strange is a world of it's own.

Unknown said...

Thank you Jen. Home seems so much closer now. Strangeness and all. I laughed and cried. Please tell your kiddos we miss them so much!