Thursday, January 28, 2010

Found

Last night I found notes just like this-




left on the oven, the counter and Jason and I's bedside tables. Grace wrote them. She has wanted a dog for as long as she has been able to talk. We laughed when we saw them and then Jason said,"The absolutely only part of me that wants a dog is the part that loves Grace." Our standard response, that she has to wait until she is older and able to take care of a dog, must feel so frustrating to a 5 year old.

I found a random note written by Sophie yesterday too.




Translation - Yippee! I'm going to (the)circus! We earned free tickets from the library by reading. My kids are SO excited, they have never been. 3 cheers for libraries and kind librarians!

4 comments:

The Kroebers said...

My boys have been asking for a cat lately. I almost want to get one but really don't want to add more work. I totally get why you don't want a dog. I just hope my kids won't want hampsters or snakes someday. A dog or cat I can handle, rodents and reptiles not so much.

EM said...

I love Grace's subtle attempt to persuade you. It was a noble effort, but I'm with you, I don't want a dog.

Polly said...

Your kiddos are welcome to come to my house we have both a cat and a dog!!

And We Sailed On said...

what an awsome library award!
I love the dog notes. I am so thrilled that I am justified by Savanna's extreme allergies to NEVER have a pet with hair or fur!
so cute. I wish I knew what my handwriting looked like at age 5.