Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hope

I am late in posting this, but here goes. My goal for the year is to have more hope. Yes, I know that makes me sound like I live in a world of gray gloom. I don't live there, but I have to admit to visiting at times. Most, if not all of you, 4 people who read my blog know that I have challenges with depression. My desire to feel more hope is tied to that, but not as closely as you may think. From the past decade I have learned a lot about how to cope with my depression and, dare I say it or I may jinx myself, I am doing really well.

I have recently realized that I want to be happier, I want to see the good in my everyday life and enjoy all I can. I love how positively alive I feel when I am hopeful. Hope is so shining. It seems to cast a soft golden light into every corner of my life. So I am focusing on seeking hope as a pathway to feeling more joy. I have learned from past experience that when I trust more in the Lord, I feel an increase in hope. So that's my plan. Trust in the Lord, focus on hope. Ether teaches that hope comes from faith and makes an anchor for our souls. That is my goal, the image of my soul being anchored firmly in Christ centered hope.

3 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

This inspires and encourages me. I think we all live in gloom and darkness sometimes. I love you!

EM said...

What a great goal. Thanks for being a wonderful part of my life. I love you Jen.

Polly said...

Jen, my thoughts echo Emily and Emilee. Your post is very inspiring. Thank you!!