Grocery shopping with all of my kids is one of my least favorite things to do. It is right up there with cleaning the shower. On Saturday it just had to happen, so off we went to Wal-Mart and Costco. The service at Wal-Mart is rotten on a good day, so I try to have extra patience and be grateful for the cheap prices in this city of expensive food. All went fairly well. At the checkout my kids were calm enough that I actually noticed something funny. This is what the guy ahead of me had in his cart: frosted flakes, fruit loops, white bread, 1/2 gallon milk, lunch meat, nacho cheese, 2 bags of chips,and candy. Do you think he was single?
Then, as we were hurrying in the freezing cold parking lot (yes, it really was cold, humidity with temperature and wind was like 10 degrees) an employee out getting carts came over and asked if he could help by loading my groceries. What???? It was a Wal-Mart miracle. And, true confessions...I have a jar of nacho cheese in my fridge. My brother bought it when he was here for the holidays and I have to admit it is yummy. Who knew non-dairy cheese product could be so delicious?
1 comment:
I confess to being a spy in grocery stores. I love checking out what eating habits people have. Organic chick, frozen meal single person, diet person and so on.
Post a Comment