We have had a snowy weekend! There is about 8 inches on the ground with some ice on top. This is a huge storm by NC standards. We are stuck at home for a few days as the city digs out. No complaints here, I love the imposed relaxation of being home all weekend long.
We made snow cream yesterday. I had never heard of it. An older man I was talking to at the car repair shop told me all about it, how he made it as a kid and he and his wife still do sometimes with their grand-kids. It is basically snow, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Ours was more like vanilla snow cones, the snow was really icy. I think with different texture of snow it would be a little more like ice cream. It was fun to make though and the kids loved it.
5 comments:
You guys have had a snowy winter. I would love the snow more if it got warm and melted in between storms. That's weird that we've never heard of snow cream being from the greatest snow on earth and all. Sounds good.
HOW fun! I used to do that as a child all the time with my brother RIchard. We liked to add hot cocoa powder in it toO! And sometimes koolaid!
I just looked at this again and poor Luke looks so left out in that first picture.
He was left out by his own design, I promise! It was really cold and he was just not into sledding.
My sister used to make it. Post the recipe!
Post a Comment