Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Sophie and Grace


It is hard to believe that my girls are turning six today. I remember the day they were born. Jason and I were so grateful they finally arrived safely. We were so excited and clueless. I wish I could hold tiny Grace and Sophie one more time, have their small fingers curl around mine and smell that sweet, fresh baby smell. This is the only time they held hands as infants. We were in the hospital getting ready to go home. I wonder if they were nervous and needed each other even then. I watch them now walking home from the bus stop every day holding hands and it makes me smile.

5 comments:

EM said...

Happy Birthday Sophie & Grace!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Girls!!! I love you!!! -Lindsey (on Dan's sign-in)

And We Sailed On said...

Wow. Time flies. Happy Birthday girls!

Katydid said...

What a sweet picture.

Wendy said...

That is the sweetest thing ever. Love it!