This is my MIL's recipe. It is delicious! My sister and a friend asked for this recipe so I just thought I would share it. Strawberries always taste like summer to me. As I was eating the last slice of this pie last night I wondered if I ate a piece every day how long it would take me to get tired of it. I think it would be a very, very long time.
2 quarts fresh strawberries
1 package cream cheese
1 cup whipped cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Strawberry Glaze
2 pie crusts
Whip together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped cream. (You can make this without the whipped cream, just tastes a little different.) Spread 1/2 of the mixture in each pie crust. (I usually use graham cracker ones. I tried a shortbread cookie one by Keebler the last time that was delicious! ) Mix together strawberries and glaze. Cool in the refrigerator until set.
Glaze
1 package Strawberry Danish Desert if you are lucky enough to live where it is available, ie. the West. It is by the Jello. Follow the directions for making pie glaze. It is super fast and easy.
If you can't get Danish Desert, like me, you can make your own glaze pretty easily.
1 1/2 c water
4 Tbsp strawberry jello
2 Tbsp corn starch
2/3 c sugar
Mix together in small sauce pan. Cook while stirring on medium heat until mixture boils, thickens and becomes transparent.
No comments:
Post a Comment