Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just a little mortified

Hints that you may be using the men's room: the shoes in the stall next to you are dirty sneakers that are at least a size 12 and a really strong odor of cleaner not entirely masking the smell of urine. How I did not see the urinals on the way in is a mystery. I am still a little horrified about the whole thing. What the guy in the stall next to me thought would be interesting as I had an ongoing conversation with Luke and Noah the whole time.

After this wonderful Walmart adventure we then went to the DMV. Luke was being crabby while waiting in line. I tried to distract him by directing his attention to a small dog in someone's office. At that precise moment the dog started humping a pillow. I can't tell you how grateful I was Luke did not ask me 20 questions about the dog and what was going on, I was trying so hard to not laugh out loud and draw more attention to us.

Highlight of the morning, the sweet man in line behind me offered to keep our place so I could sit down and hold the oh so crabby Luke. We were in and out of the DMV in 20 minutes with a sex ed lesson to boot.

4 comments:

EM said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. This is hilarious!!! Walmart bathrooms are so gross, let alone the MEN'S Walmart bathroom!

And sex ed from a dog and a pillow might not be the best way to approach it :)

Stacey Mortensen said...

Wow! That is about as much fun as a mom can have in one day! The men's restroom and a dog in heat...that was some adventure!

Doran & Jody said...

Muah ha ha ha!! LOL LOL...what else can I comment?

I mean...how mortifying.....LOL LOL

Lindsey said...

Super BIG LOL!!! I can just see you realizing that you are in there and trying to time getting out of there without having to stand next to the man to wash the boys' hands!! Ha!!! Ha!!!