Sunday, March 27, 2011

Inspiration and Hope

When I began teaching I chose to be at a school with children who were in great need. I am not sure why, but I have always wanted to help these children who begin life so disadvantaged. In my heart of hearts I have always wanted to serve and make a difference in the world of these little ones.

I am so grateful to have the blessing to be at home raising my children, but I still feel the pull of finding a way to change our world and make it better. This interview shares the story of an LDS woman who has given her life to teach music to children around our world affected by war. I was so impressed and inspired reading it and I felt such hope. We really all can do much in our sphere of influence to create peace and happiness no matter how small or large it happens to be. Liz's story is here if you are interested: 
http://www.mormonwomen.com/2011/03/23/teaching-the-world-to-sing-in-perfect-harmony/

Even if you don't have time to read the article, click and look at the picture at the top. It captures joy and beauty and I guarantee will make you smile.

2 comments:

EM said...

Thanks for sharing this great article. What an amazing woman. Sometimes I forget that we really can achieve great things by simply doing it.

Lindsey said...

Wow Jen - thank you so much for sharing this! What an incredible woman! We really can make a difference in the world around us if we use our talents and help in whatever ways possible.