Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 24, 2013

On the way home from church today Luke randomly says from the backseat, "I know how to tell if kids in my class are Southerners or not." Hmm. I asked what he meant. " Because they switch their i's and e's." ???? Ahhh, what do you mean? " Well like with fill, they write fell." So funny. 1st graders are still writing phonemic spellings. I just had to laugh, both at how observant he is and how little I hear people's accents here now.

It is cold here today! We are in the teens and twenties and are freezing. Funny how quickly you get used to warm weather here. We all turned on the "heat seaters" going to church. I am not sure anyone in our family will ever say seat heater correctly again. Luke and Noah started calling them that and it has stuck. They do heat your seat pretty dang well.

 All of the kids have been making these rubber band bracelets on a loom we got at Toys & Co. Such a great store! Luke worked and worked on his. He had to start 3 different times even with my help. He was pretty proud once it was done.

 Noah worked and worked on this sign for Jason. The other kids helped a bit, but mostly it was all him. Sweet boy. I love that Dad is "osum!" and the Japanese gong guy, and they guy saying ye ho with a wow! about his head.

Saturday Noah and I were outside. Noah was riding his bike and I heard a loud WOW! I asked him what was up. I looked and Noah was out under a Japanese maple in our new yard and he said that the last time he looked the leaves were black and now they're bright red. I love it when my kids stop and see the beauty of the world around them, and this tree is amazing right now.

1 comment:

And We Sailed On said...

My kiddos are crazy about that loom too! We have braclets all over the house and on dolls and faye too! That tree is so so so pretty. xo