So. Our new land is fabulous, wonderful, beautiful. Our house to me is charming. But just to keep things real...we have ants. Lots of little sugar ants that I can't get rid of. I found one on my bed this morning while I was reading my scriptures. That is a heck of a long way for an ant to trek from my kitchen. Maybe he hitchhiked on me and I just didn't notice? Also, the brand new shiny, nicer then I would ever buy dishwasher stopped working. Ugh. At least I think it is still under some kind of warranty. And the upstairs heat does not work, and it is cold here now, 25 tonight. Kids are piled under quilts and are taking it really well thinking it is some grand adventure to have so many blankets on your bed you can not move. Our master bedroom is freezing. It only has one heater vent and is just always cold. And one of our sweet new kittens is no where to be found. We think she is under the house with her sister, but have not seen her since Sunday. And because this house is smaller, I can't figure out where to put everything quickly and we have been here a week and it still looks like a tornado has been through our house.
But because of how private it is here I can leave all the blinds open all the time if I choose to. I woke up today facing my window, and watched the colors and light change in the woods. Trees silhouetted black against a deep blue almost morning sky. The sky lightened slowly and all shades of blue appeared. Eventually the trees became their fall browns and golds. There is so much beauty here. I can deal with the ants, eventually they will loose their battle with me. Everything else can be fixed. Just takes time and effort I am not sure some days I have. Plus to be honest I do nurse a bit of phone phobia. It really is not my favorite thing to call people, which has to happen when you are trying to get stuff fixed.
Tonight as I was fixing dinner I sent the crazy, loud kids upstairs to play. I listened to them laugh and laugh with Apples to Apples, a new game we just got today. Made me happy. We got the new picture version which I super, duper fun. Way better then the classic.
I love how this house draws us together as a family. I love the opportunities to teach grow and learn here. I am trying really, really hard to rely on the Lord and let this experience strengthen my faith. Our other house still does not have a renter. Both mortgages are due for the first time in December. How would we learn to walk by faith if it is never tested and tried?
1 comment:
I'm still in love with the place. :) Try corn meal for the ants. We have sugar ants here in the Spring and I put a little corn meal around and it kills them. I guess they can't digest it so it takes a few days but I love that it's not a chemical and I have no worries if B eats it. Sorry about the broken dishwasher. Be brave and make the calls or you'll have to hand wash all your dishes and trust me it stinks! I so hope we can see your new place sooner than later. Love you all.
Post a Comment